Beautiful Scars – inspired by Kintsugi
WORKSHOPS: 13th July in Bertem (Leuven, Belgium) and 31st July in Jardim do Chá (Braga, Portugal)
When things turn different.
Changes have an impact on humans.
Some events in life affect us forever.
Sometimes they make us happy, sometimes they cause pain, sorrow.
Loss, setback, disappointment or fate can leave deep wounds. And scars.
Our lives are marked by scars, big ones and small ones. Time heals and soothes. But they don’t disappear completely. They remain part of us.
We can learn to deal with scars that are difficult to heal. We can learn to see them as part of our whole. Learn to accept that they make us who we have become. Learn to see how they make our lives more beautiful and richer. Learn how they become Beautiful Scars.
‘Beautiful Scars’ is about LETTING GO of what was and about embracing what is.
Like with a ‘pandemic’. We are challenged to deal with what is. In our family, with our friends, in our social life and in our work. Things we miss. Things that we will remain different or even disappear in the future.
‘Beautiful Scars’ is about NOW.
Yesterday is over. It does not serve us anymore today. At least not in the same way.
We can let go, put together the remains and turn them into beautiful memories. Yesterday will serve us in a different way in the future.
‘Beautiful Scars’ is about HEALING.
Learning to accept what is. Learning to accept that things are different today than they were yesterday. But no less beautiful for that. Perfectly imperfect. Wabi-sabi. Inspired by Kintsugi, a Japanese art in which broken objects are repaired and the fracture lines are emphasized with a gold layer. The break is not gone, but we look at it in a different way. We embrace it. We accept it. As a perfect imperfection.
Like beautiful scars.
- Scheduled workshops:
- 13th July in Bertem (Leuven, Belgium) at 15h00 (local time BE)
- 31st July in ‘Jardim do Chá’ at the Museum Nogueira da Silva in Braga (Portugal) at 15h00 (local time PT)
- Duration: +/- 2 hours
- Participants bring their own ceramic object, which we will be broken during the ‘breaking ceremony’. Then we ‘repair’ the object and finish the fracture lines with a gold layer.
All materials (except the ceramic object) are provided.
- Contribution to the costs: 25,- euros per person.
- Registrations: email@example.com or with a message through my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/wandeleninbraga
- This activity is for a limited group of 6 people!
- You want to organize your own (private) ‘Beautiful Scars’ session? Contact me through the button below.
- For more information send an e-mail at ann(at)nefelibata.eu